Fiona McLeod joined MM as a Legislative Fellow and “played her way onto the team” to become a Government Relations Associate. Fiona’s primary personal and professional goal is to have a positive impact on small communities.
Fiona is inspired by the quote: “There is no higher religion than human service. To work for the common good is the greatest creed.”—Woodrow T. Wilson
Prior to joining MM, Fiona served as an intern for former Mayor Lauren Poe of Gainesville, Florida, where she helped develop a Guaranteed Income pilot program to assist individuals with previous felony convictions. In addition to policy development, Fiona has worked on several federally sponsored research projects in Juvenile Justice, Education, and Criminal Justice. Fiona has extensive experience in public speaking, project development, and charity work.
Outside of work, Fiona can be found testing her culinary skills, working in her pottery studio, writing research manuscripts, or sailing on the Potomac River.
- Congressionally Directed Spending
- Social Services
- Project Development and Management
- Policy Analysis and Advocacy
- Criminal Justice
- B.A., Florida State University (International Affairs and Economics)
- M.A., American University (Public Policy with concentration in Education and Justice policy, graduation in May 2024)