Steven Solomon, Vice President and Director of Program and Grant Development, joined Merchant McIntyre with a wealth of experience within the nonprofit sector. Steven has been writing grants for well over 20 years and has been awarded more $150 million in grant awards during his career. From inception to execution, Steven has experience in all aspects of the grant lifecycle including selection, conceptualization, writing, and implementation. Further, Steven created and oversaw systems for awarding state and federal grant dollars to nonprofits.
Most recently, Steven served as the Director of Grants and Special Projects for Tallahassee Community College (TCC), which has five campuses and 15,000 students distributed across a three-county area. He oversaw all grant writing and procurement activities, and worked with the TCC Foundation on various fundraising initiatives. Steven identified grants and assembled teams and partners, and created programs aligned with the College’s strategic plan. He submitted and received numerous grant awards from federal/state/local governments, national foundations, and businesses. Steven also enacted necessary policies and procedures within the College to implement best practices when applying for and managing grant funding.
In addition, to grant writing Steven has served as a consultant for nonprofit and private businesses, multiple state agencies, healthcare companies, law enforcement entities, and various social service agencies. As a consultant, Steven provided program development, business plan creation, grant management, accountability, statistical analysis, board development, federal and state compliance, public outreach and partnership development, strategic planning, leadership development, and implementation of risk and mitigation strategies.
When not working Steven enjoys spending time with his wife, three daughters, and three amazing grandsons. Steven also enjoys reading, hiking, and traveling. He especially loved living in Australia.
- Steven previously worked as Executive Director of the Florida Juvenile Justice Foundation, a 501c3, and the External Affairs Administrator for the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (FDJJ), where he oversaw all 20 Circuit Advisory Boards of the FDJJ and was responsible for grant coordination and management of private technical assistance grants for the Foundation.
- Steven served as the Director of the Center of Education Innovation at Florida State University, a progressive program that collaborated with the Florida Legislature and districts throughout the state, implementing best practices and progressive reforms for K-12 education.
- Grant Federal and State Grants
- Grant Development and Implementation
- Higher Education
- K-12 Education
- Workforce Programming
- Capacity Building
- Strategic Planning
- Nonprofit Development
- 501c3 Creation
- B.A., Washington College
- M.L.A., Harvard University
- Postgraduate, Florida State University