Columbia Gorge Community College is the leading education and workforce provider in the Columbia Gorge region of northern Oregon and southern Washington. CGCC retained Merchant McIntyre Associates to maximize federal funding to strengthen and expand programs that train workers for near-term employment opportunities, increase access to industry-informed educational curriculum, update facilities and equipment, and develop new programs to meet the needs of businesses throughout the region.
Our three-year partnership has resulted in a ROI of 37.2:1 from the following federal funding awards:
- $490,000 to advance technical workforce programming. (Source: National Science Foundation)
- $1.2 million to expand allied health professional training programs and create hundreds of new jobs in the Columbia Gorge region. (Source: Economic Development Administration)
- $490,000 for advanced manufacturing equipment. (Source: Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Bill)
- $300,000 for career and technical training equipment at the CGCC Skills Center. (Source: Labor, Health and Human Services Appropriations Bill)
- $2.2 million Title III-Strengthening Institutions Program grant to support institution-wide efforts to increase access to quality, affordable education for students across the region. (Source: U.S. Department of Education)