We selected Los Rios as a reference because it demonstrates the potential of a partnership with Merchant McIntyre Associates – and Los Rios is in California. So far, we have delivered an 83:1 ROI for Los Rios. We would love to do the same — or better — for you!
The District retained Merchant McIntyre Associates to plan and implement a comprehensive federal grants strategy. As the centerpiece of this strategy, MM prepared a Federal Grants Grid featuring $28 million in funding opportunities.
During our partnership, MM has helped Los Rios secure:
- $2.9 million from the DoEd’s Title V Developing Hispanic-Serving Institutions program to develop and implement an Early College Program (ECP) focused on early college initiatives and introduce Hispanic/Latino and low-income high school students to college via participation in Dual Enrollment.
- $2.7 million from the DoEd’s Title V Developing Hispanic-Serving Institutions program for the College’s Multicultural Innovative Community for Academic and Student Achievement (MI CASA) Project. This initiative provided Hispanic and low-income students opportunities to enroll smoothly in college, stay in college, and graduate and/or transfer in a timely manner.
- $1.5 million from the DoEd’s Title III program to develop comprehensive and institution-wide intrusive tutoring support for math and English, including support for other subjects that require proficiency in transfer-level math and English.
- $250,000 from the USDA HSI Education program to fund the College’s Agricultural Mechanics & Dual-Enrollment Sustainable Garden Project for Success project.
- $1.9 million from the FY23 Labor, HHS, Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Bill to provide free textbooks to students, pending.
- $950,000 from the FY23 Labor, HHS, Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Bill to support a prison and reentry education program, pending.