At the beginning of our partnership in 2020, WMCHealth was one of the largest COVID-19 hotspots in the United States, with more than 290,000 confirmed cases.
Even as the WMCHealth-MM partnership was being finalized, MM helped WMC apply for FCC reimbursement under the agency’s COVID-19 relief program. One month later, the FCC awarded WMC $593,957 for telemedicine carts, telehealth-enabled intensive care equipment, mobile audiovisual setups with tablets, and video-conferencing software to support existing ICU capacities now converted to the care of COVID-19 patients. A few months later, MM helped WMC secure an additional $999,602 in telehealth funding from the FCC.
Of course, beyond its pandemic-related needs, WMCHealth retained Merchant McIntyre to maximize federal funding across all of the Network’s service lines, including telemedicine, workforce development, chronic disease management, emergency preparedness, behavioral health, and the treatment of sexual assault.
Merchant McIntyre moved fast. Within 30 days, we produced a comprehensive Federal Funding Strategy featuring $10+ million in grant opportunities. Beyond the $1.6 million in COVID-19 relief, MM has helped WMCHealth secure:
- $500,000 to reduce the incidence of NAS by preventing and reducing opioid and substance use disorders (OUD/SUD) among women of childbearing age. (Source: Health Resources and Services Administration)
- $100,000 to develop an integrated rural health network aimed at addressing chronic disease management of the aging population. (Source: Health Resources and Services Administration)
- $1 million to provide prevention, treatment, and recovery services for individuals struggling with OUD/SUD in the rural Hudson Valley. (Source: Health Resources and Services Administration)
- $800,000 to improve respiratory health for adult patients with chronic lower respiratory disease (CLRD). (Source: Health Resources and Services Administration)
- $200,000 to recruit and train rural EMS personnel. (Source: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration